Wow, this was the last session of the day at SMX Toronto, and I think all our heads were spinning, mostly from the rapid presentation of so many fascinating tools.
- Google’s already telling you this is a relevant page, so you’ll get a good Quality Score
- Bucket your keywords by searcher intent
- Browser bucket: What is it, how do I use it
- Shopper bucket: Review, compare
- Buyer bucket: Buy
- Keyword permutation tool
- Quickly creates keyword phrases
We don’t like the Broad Match, we think it’s too wide. So we use phrase match, and we create lots of permutations.
- Build Log Tail Lists from Core Terms plus modifiers
- Group them
- Server side dynamic landing page builder
(He hasn’t tried it yet, just found out about it)
Compete SearchAnalytics (their PRO tool)
- Examine every aspect of your comptitors’ PPC/SEO campaigns
- Helps with budget estimates
- Audience Measurement Reporting
- Keyword mutation tool. Common misspellings, alternate phrasings.
- Demographics predictor.
- Detecting online commercial intention
- Expand your inventory, search retargeting
- Google Adwords Keyword Tool
- Use: Paid & organic keyword research, & competition
- Pros: Use Google’s search data, Local search volume (but only for prev. month)
- Looking for high volume, low competition
- Google operators
- Such as allintitle: , allinanchor
- Keyword research, content creation, insight
- See search suggestions around a given concept from different perspectives
- Shows suggestions from Google, Bing, Yahoo!, Wikipedia, YouTube, Answers.com (woo hoo!) and Amazon
- SEOmoz Linkscape
- Link building, competitive link analysis
- Basic is Free. $80 / month for Pro up to $230 / month for Elite
- Keyword research
- Lots of free stuff, or $60 / month
- FF & Chrome plug ins:
- SEO Quake: Chrome & FF. Get PR, inboud links and other info at a glance
- SEO Site Tools (Chrome): Quick & Easy, packed, free. Don’t capitalize SEOmoz correctly, and they don’t put an ! after Yahoo!
- SEOmoz Toolbar (FF). Quick access to LInkscape metrics. Some features are PRO only. Can change User Agent. Show No Follow, Pro version Shows Page / Domain authority, list of links
- Web Developer (Chrome & FF). Take control over CSS, forms, images, and more.
- Know’em: Social Media / brand management
- Epiar Negative Keyword Lists (NKL) [His product]. Not Free. To save you lots of money on your campaigns by getting the right negative keywords.
For more details, see his whole SEO tools presentation.
- Helps you analyze your ad campaign
- For example, shows a section of your non-value generating keywords. “You can call them Investments or Money Wasters, depending on the client.”
Who here has used it: A few hands. Is anybody here still using it? 1 hand.
- $75k+ monthly spend
- Predominatnly search (not content) network
- Multiple networks
- Omniture Site Catalyst customer
More SMX Toronto Coverage:
- Best of SMX Toronto
- Top 3 Takeaways from SMX Toronto
- Link Building Strategies and Ranking Tactics
- Social & Search: Rock Both Worlds with Data
- Search Marketing Toolkit
- Crystal Ball Panel: What’s Next in Search
- Digital State of the Nation: Search Edition
- What is Search Analytics and Why Should I Care?
- Mobile Search
- Next Generation Agency: Search, Social, Viral, Mobile and Analytics
- Optimizing Video: On Site and on You Tube
- Personalized Search
- Search and Social Media: Insight and Inspiration