Our fantastic product and project managers need a new teammate. The job is in the Jerusalem office of Answers.com. [We also need a New York based Director of Community and some Jerusalem based Engineers. See our jobs page for more details.]
Bad news: you’d see me every day. Good news: everybody else is fantastic.
We need someone with experience in Product Management, and preferably Project Management as well. Ideally some experience with User Generated Content, Analytics, and Internationalization. The person must be a great teammate, hard working & flexible, and able to work successfully with opinionated and highly talented people. Full job description is below.
Here’s what we’ve accomplished already in 2009.
- Released Spanish, French, German, and Italian versions of WikiAnswers.
- Helped our great community more than double our number of answered questions. More than 3 million answers were already added this year.
- Reached comScore ranking of #13 in unique US visitors.
- Over 2 billion pages served.
If you’re a great product manager, then extrapolate a bit to figure out what we can do if you join us.
Here’s the full job description:
We’re looking for a brilliant, energetic, creative, and analytical person who is fun to work with and will help us make Answers.com® the world’s best answer provider.
- Define new features, see them through to completion, analyze their success, and continually improve them
- Prioritize features that most advance the company’s goals
- Satisfy the needs of community, marketing, content, R&D and others to maximize traffic, revenue, and user satisfaction.
- Analyze traffic and usage patterns to make appropriate recommendations for product improvement
- Position may also include Project Management tasks of writing project plans, working with engineers & QA, coordinating, etc.
- Experience as Product Manager responsible for a high traffic Web Site focused on User Generated Content
- Friendly and inspiring when directing feature development, flexible and receptive when soliciting feedback
- Strong analytical skills: must be able to determine how to quantify the success of features, to live in the resulting statistics, and to know what changes to suggest
- Strong leadership skills: must earn and maintain the respect and excitement of teammates and partners
- Strong design skills
- Strong strategic thinking skills
- Solid technical understanding
- Fluent in English and Hebrew
- Preferred: Knowledge of French, Italian, German, Spanish or Portuguese a plus, to help our internationalization efforts
- Full-time job based on Israeli hours, but must include flexibility for frequent phone calls during US business hours
How to apply:
- E-mail resumes to jobs @ answers.com (remove the spaces).
- Please specify job code #PM-12 in the Subject line.
- E-mails that are received without codes will not be processed. (Sorry)
If you’re the one, I hope to hear from you.
Twits need not apply. Just kidding.