Ari Nahmani and Tom Harari shared their link building ideas at SMX Israel.Ari Nahmani
New age link building. 15 minutes, 100 slides. So this will be quick. [Slides are here]
I’m usually not nervous, but this time my wife is here.
The web is no longer the great equalizer.
Once upon a time a decent web site and a few links and you could do well.
Then people started doing tricky link building things and that became the only way to compete.
Stop working with BS companies.
We’re moving from SEO tactics to holistic… Continue reading
I was on a panel at an SEO conference. An audience member asked “So I shouldn’t buy links?” The panel’s clear answer was no. But somehow unanimous answers make me wonder if we’re giving the full truth. We weren’t.
You should buy links. Just do it right.
Panda and Penguin took practices that made sense on an individual level and penalized you if you did them on a large scale.
For example blog comments. Yes, you should comment on other blogs in your industry. Engage people. Show an interest. Show appreciation. Add to the discussion. Make friends. All good stuff.… Continue reading
Session highlights from SMX Advanced 2012 authority & link building session.
- Get a little wild & crazy. They rebranded to grasshopper. Nobody cares. They Fed-Exed chocolate covered grasshoppers with a link to a video to 500 influencers. Got 200+ news stories. 900K YouTube views. Great links.
- The most frequently used word in conversations is I. Gave shoutouts to TechCrunch, gizmodo and Mashable in a video called “The New Dork.” Got links.
- Created “National Entrepreneur’s Day.” It got picked up, and proclaimed by the president. They got a lot of mentions ad links.
Thomas… Continue reading
- 10 easy tips for …
- Top 10 myths about …
- Top [category] Experts (Aaron Wall & Andy Hagans, 101 Ways to Build Link Popularity)
- (But don’t do Best Of. That’s my thing :-) ).
- Write about, and link to, companies with “in the news” pages. (Google [your industry + "in the news"].) (Aaron & Andy)
- Perform surveys and studies that make people feel important. Salary.com did a study on how underpaid mothers were, and they got great links.… Continue reading
Dawn goes first, with great suggestions about writing content that attracts links. The common theme is to do a little legwork, go back to the fundamental ideas of good journalism, and you’ll be rewarded.
Do original research
- Find an article that hasn’t been done before in your niche
- Present research visually- graphys, maps, infographics
Bad news does better than good news. Their “Worst of” lists get a lot more links than the “Best… Continue reading